Friday, October 22, 2010

Homer

I’m would like to meet con everybody that belongs to the old period, for example the antiquity Greek. I think that is interesting period due to far away of the century, we have little information about them, they are elementals for understand our occidental culture. Really is very surprising to discover the achievements in its institutions, in the society, in the culture, etc. If I have chosen a person this period and this place, I choose to Homer. I have several reasons for choose him.
The first is that we don’t know about him existence, only we have him poems and other documents about him from philosophers or poets, but is not sufficient to know for sure. So, I would want go to this period for to research the information that today to manage.
The last researches in England say that Homer was a women because him way of writing is more passionate and dramatic, more close to a poet women that a men poet. Is very difficult to know the true with respect to periods so far-off! This the principal reason for to want meet with Homer.
I would say to Homer that to recite him poems (the ideal would be that both we talk the same language! Spanish for example!) And I would compare with my version of the Iliada... Ah no, I would to record! Because Pisistratus change and to take out some chapters.
Would be interesting to talk about of the life in general because this useful for the understand better him period and him life. He was an educator for the Greek’s develops.
In this travel for the time, I would use for research other important questions!

3 comments:

  1. Homero is a person very popular, but I think that a little people have written him. His verses are captivate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know him for living in Greece. And I would like to be a beatiful greek lady. jaaaa


    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you would have an interesting conversation with Homer...

    ReplyDelete