Friday, November 5, 2010

Antichrist



Is a problem even the vision of the men about the woman?

Where we can to discover this question? In the art? Or maybe in every parts?

Lars von Trier is an excellent director. I saw the last movie the past year. This movie is very complex and rich for to study it. I did a work about it. But I will start to talk about the formal aspects. Antichrist is of terror movie or also drama, it has both, and its cast has to Willen Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg. And Anthony Dod Mantle did the photography.
He (Dafoe) and She (Gainsbourg) lose their children; he fall and dead. Then the protagonist leaves to a house in the woodlan for help yourself to put up the dead. In this house happen everything that start to change. He discover thing about she and she reveal.
In this context is very important the work of Dod Mantle because to gove an aesthetics like of romantic painting. For example there are similarities with Goya in the treatment of the characters.
About von Trier be have say that is a misogynist because in the general the protagonist are woman bad or stupid. But I think that he feels that the woman is more interesting... This topic (the woman are more interesting) is very old because during every history the women have be center of restrictions, accusations, beauty, etc. The men have has to say that the women is like the moon. In definitive the women for the men is a mystery, why? Because they have put their fear and traumas on the woman. Finally I believe that is necessary watch this movie because is very rich in study's elements. I recommend! But who doing more sensitive, is better watch it of day and accompanied.

2 comments:

  1. xD I like your last warning!!
    I haven't seen this movie, but every person who told me about it said me is very strog.
    I would like see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good movie. At the beginning I hated it. I hated the way he treated her, but then it became really interesting.

    ReplyDelete